February 14, 2013

Oh! Sweet Love!


I love crafts!  And I L-O-V-E Valentine crafts. There's just something so alluring...the reds, all the shades of pink, the sparkle, paper doilies, and hearts. Lots and lots of hearts! So girlie.

I never thought Valentines was just for lovers or couples. In our household, it was always a special day of honouring our love for one another, whomever the other is - a friend, a loved one, family. My Mom always bought us little heart trinkets and baked special treats for us. For me, Valentine's Day is about spreading the love.

When I was in grade school, one of my most favourite things was creating my Valentine drop-box and making my own cards. I would start planning weeks in advance. Paper doilies, coloured tissue, glue, craft paper, stickers, scissors all at the ready and then I would spend one whole night creating that special box that would hold all the darling Valentines from my school mates.

These days, I bake Valentine cookies and cupcakes for my loved ones and adorn the day with love-themed things: music, cards, heart shaped soaps and the like.

In honour of Valentine's Day, I wanted to spread the love and share with you some crafty food ideas that I just adore.

LOVE,
Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.